Friday, February 1, 2013

Travel and Benefits

So this past week, I traveled down to visit my brother and his family. It was really hard to drink the water I needed (specifically when I was on the road), but most especially to get the fruits and vegetables on a menu that was not my own! It was hard to pass up all the popcorn, birthday cake, cheese dip, root beer floats, chocolate cheesecake, bacon-wrapped chicken and hot chocolate that was served after 8. But I was strong! It felt like a double victory because it was a stretch.

Okay, so I have to say that I've found a benefit I didn't expect from being more hydrated. So I've finally got contacts to work for me; and they're hard ones. Before I started this challenge, I had trouble getting them out at night (they weren't just popping out like they should). This was, of course, because my eyes were dry. Now that I'm consciously drinking throughout the day, that is no longer a problem. A little less panic in my nightly routine is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Traveling is tough. I spent the weekend with my family and there was plenty of "social eating" of yummy foods as well. The hardest part for me was driving for hours several hours after 8pm and not being able to (choosing not to!) snack on something little like m&ms etc to keep me awake. But I survived :)

    ReplyDelete