Sunday, February 10, 2013

Benefits of external motivation

Apparently I am in desperate need of external motivation to get started on things that I know are good for me, but aren't necessarily easy to do. This challenge, along with another weight loss challenge I am doing simultaneously has given me just that motivation I needed. While some may tell you that the best motivation is internal, one that does not require rewards other than the ones you gain by achieving your goal, I REALLY needed something extra to get me going.

 Now that I have been living these healthy habits, they have truly become habits for me. (Well, maybe not the not eating after 8, but it has gotten MUCH easier) I do find internal satisfaction from doing the challenges that I didn't at first. So, thanks for the extra motivation! And I just may stop feeling guilty about bribing my kids to do things that I hope will establish good habits such as doing chores or eating healthy dinners. Maybe they are just like their Mom and need that little extra to get them started...

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you Jen and need lots of external motivation to get me going. Angela usually hosts a challenge right when I need the extra motivation the most--thank you Angela!!

    ReplyDelete