Sunday, February 3, 2013

Final Week!

Hey gang,

We're almost there! I just wanted to rejoice in what I've learned through this. I've learned that I don't like to work out every day (ha!). no, just kidding. Sort of. I guess I've learned that I like to feel active, but I don't like getting all sweaty and having to change into work out clothes and some how fit in a shower EVERY day (okay, maybe that's just because I'm lazy, but I don't generally shower every day (TMI?). It's really hard with kids! How does everyone else get around this working out/showering/kids obstacle?). BUT, I have learned then, that I can do other forms of exercise. Like Yoga. I even did it with my hubby last night and it was so much fun! I found it very doable, even/especially after a long day.

I've learned that I wasn't eating enough fruits/veggies. Not me, so not my kids. I've upped our food budget so that I can buy more of them. It's been great! And they love them. I'm happy for that change.

I have also learned that my body needs sleep. My mind needs sleep. My family needs me to get sleep. :) My personal goal throughout this challenge has really shown me what a different person I can be when I am well rested and prepared for the day. I've repeatedly reminded myself that this challenge is "to make every day intentional." So even if I'm feeling grumpy or bored or whatever some morning, it's a day with my beautiful children and my wonderful husband. And I'm going to LIVE it, not just get through it. I've learned that I can do that if I am rested, so sleep is key for me.

I'm excited for this last week. I feel great. And I'm excited to continue these habits afterwards (with slight adjustments...for weekends...). :) Good luck everyone! Finish strong. Go out with a bang!

1 comment:

  1. Amber, Thanks for this perspective. :) I appreciate it:
    "I've repeatedly reminded myself that this challenge is "to make every day intentional." So even if I'm feeling grumpy or bored or whatever some morning, it's a day with my beautiful children and my wonderful husband. And I'm going to LIVE it, not just get through it."

    ReplyDelete