Friday, February 1, 2013

Grrrr

I never thought I would make it this far in the challenge without missing anything. I usually goof on some small thing and ruin it for myself... but after hanging in there for so long I was starting to get hopeful. 

Until last night, that is. I was hosting a baby shower at 8pm (so the kids would be in bed when we started - which "kind of" worked). I knew eating was not an option, so I made a pina colada slush that I would be able to drink and still kind of participate in the festivities.  All went well, people brought yummy food, I got it all set out on the table and was talking to Amanda about how I was going to be fine without eating anything.

Literally 20 seconds later I went to make sure the table was ready (at 8:20pm), which it was, and when I went back into the kitchen it dawned on me that I had just eaten ONE piece of fresh pineapple (making sure it tasted okay). I was so angry!!  I was so ready to eat  nothing at all, and in a thoughtless moment it went out the window...again.

I know it really is NOT a big deal, but I was reminded once again of how many times I habitually do/eat things without even THINKING first....just pop it in my mouth...   Arg...

Best of luck to Brittany! See if you can pull in that perfect score for the group. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ach! I'm so sorry. Mindless eating is my downfall too. But don't lose hope! Remember there is a second place prize. It's down to you and a few others to fight for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I'm so sorry about that! Hosting a post 8pm party with food would be so hard anyway! I'm impressed it was mindless eating of pineapple and not something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen....sorry. you're good to be at something like that. I've avoided social things (though not just for food reasons :) and Josh bagged upany and all treat food. Stay strong we can still pull a Paulsen win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I wish I could say my mindless eating after 8pm this past week was a piece of pineapple and not a bite of a taco bell bean burrito at 8:07 (well done, Jodi). :)

    ReplyDelete