Sunday, February 10, 2013

Permanence

Hooray for healthy habits!  I'm hopeful that I can make this permanent.  For the first time I've been consistent enough with exercise and eating well to begin seeing some results.  And I feel that I am motivated enough to keep these results.  I have been surprised that I haven't craved sweets more, don't get me wrong there were times when I wanted my bag of chocolate chips but I realized that I could do something else and I would forget about it.  (Granted my real challenge will be if I can keep this thinking up when the chocolate is back in my cupboard!) 
I am also learning to stop when I'm satisfied.  And to question myself if I am really hungry or if I'm just in the habit of eating/grabbing a cracker, etc.  Most often it was out of habit or "not thinking." 
I think with slight modifications (mostly to allow some occasional treats!) I hope to continue this.  The results are too nice to give back in! 
Thanks for all your support, motivation, and advice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment